Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Prime Minister Stephen Harper

Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa K1A 0A2

September 6, 2006

Dear Prime Minister Stephen Harper,

I do not agree with Canada's military role in Afghanistan. I am contacting you to ask you to protect the lives of men and women in the Canadian military. Canadian troops are fighting a civil war in Afghanistan. Their participation in the country’s upheaval was not the decision of people in Canada. The United States has dictated the Canadian military’s role of in Afghanistan. I believe that the Afghani war is the business of people in the country, and not foreign forces. I do not believe that the ends justify the means. I believe that the ends are the means. The people of Afghanistan must negotiate routes to peaceful and democratic futures without violence. We can expect the fruition of the imposition of force will be chaos (for a long time to come). I urge you to end Canada's combat mission, and work with our allies and the Afghan government to establish a comprehensive peace process for the country.

Sincerely,

No comments: